4015 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I tried using interface designer and it is a very cool feature. One thing I would suggest to have is a sharing the interface like a view. For example, I would like to share particular interface in read only mode and do not want the user to be able to go and see all contents of the base. Currently, if I give read-only permissions the user can go and see all tables in the base.

82 Replies 82
Stephen_Hudson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed - by far the best option for presenting Airtable in a Dashboard format, especially for those who need fresh data, but it is undercut a little by the need to give people collaborator status and access to the database as a whole (even if it is read only).

As a side note, shared views could be accessed via Mobile… since no equivalent is available for interfaces this means that Mobile access, even for viewing the interface, is completely non-existent.

Yours_Sincerely
5 - Automation Enthusiast

YESSS!!! It is a bummer that interface designer page can be shared only to limited group of people because of data security issue…

I’m looking forward to Airtable team changing this!

Jonathan_Culley

I agree. For example, I have an HR database that captures the salary, benefits, and vacation data for all our employees. I want to send each employee a shared (read-only) link to only their collection of interfaces that filters on their names. Obviously, we would not want any employee to be able to get access (even read-only) to any other employee’s information. In its current form, the entire Interfaces feature is useless to me until we can restrict access based on filters.

Cole_Ryan1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping this! Love the feature, but unfortunately it isn’t very useful to me until i can share with anyone (not just base members) via a link.

I agree, yes, but the minimum viable product has to be viable. This is really polished in some ways, but IMO, it’s effectively useless for anything other than a personal dashboard to occasionally look at for fun.

I was really excited after publishing, and then immediately disappointed when I realized I can’t share it with any of my customers.

Nice idea, but not quite useful.

Alia_Wesala1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

To add to this, I’d like the option to turn off the ability for a user to share the interface. I was trying to set up an application review workflow and don’t want everyone who can access this interface to be able to share candidate information with anyone else.

l_r
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

yep, make the publish a real publish for non collaborators

Helena_Rose

Yes please I need this feature too. Bumping this up the chain. I spent a long time making custom interfaces without realising you can’t limit them using the URL links, as with views. Please add this as an upgrade airtable :slightly_smiling_face:

Andre_Deponti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here. Love the feature, but total waste of time if I can’t share with a link.

Yossi_Goldblatt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Can Airtable give us a timeline on the beta and on this feature?