381 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'd like to add some contextual help, definitions, and things like that for our users. Is something like that doable? I haven't found anything in interface designer to do so.

I know on the older pages I can add text elements, but the newer pages don't have any way for me to add freeform text.

3 Replies 3
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

There should be a Text element.
Interface element: Text | Airtable Support

Helper text can be added to each field in the Record Details window.

corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Sho I don't think this is the case. The text element seems to only appear on the older style interface pages (the ones under "more" section on the add page wizard). I don't see text elements on the new style interface pages (I am working w list/kanban in this case).

When you say helper text can be added to each field.... are you talking about in the base? Or in the interface? Where is record details view? I know that a description can be added to the field properties in the base - but this does not appear in the interface that I am aware.

Specifically what I'm trying to do....

I have a field that is a single select status field for projects. The definitions of each status field are confusing to our users and need handy definitional elements for them to reference.

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Instead of a full-screen List view or Kanban view, Another method is to place List and Kanban views in a free layout. Then text elements can be placed.

This article is a helpful reference for the layout of record details.
Airtable interface layout: Record detail

Helper Text is a recent addition. You may need to create a new layout for record details.
Updates to record details in Interface Designer - Airtable Community