Help

Re: make filters in Interface pages "sticky"

1810 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of the very best things about grids and lists in interfaces is that they can be filtered locally, that is, user A can find records where State = TX while user B is looking at records whose State = FL at the same time and using the exact same interface. Solves a huge problem with views in classic Airtable. Fantastic.

What I ask Santa for when I say my prayers: Let user A's (and user B's) filters on that interface page stick until that user resets the filters or edits them, even if the user switches to another interface page. At least make it an option that can be toggled in the options panel for the grid or listing object, over on the right side of the page in edit mode.

Why it matters. Here's an example from my school management base. User starts in Interfaces by finding parents, say, by name ("Porter"). Now, she wants to jump over and confirm something relating to the children of the Porters who are attending the school, so she clicks on the 'tab' for Students, and finds the Porters there. Now she wants to go back to the parents. She has to redefine the filters for Parents every time. Curses!

It would be bliss to have the records displayed on a given interface page stay put until the user asks for the selection to be changed.

8 Replies 8
Mary_Going1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need this too, or perhaps I should say that I am praying for it, or writing to Santa for it. In addition to @WilliamPorter 's example, I will add that I have created multiple pages per record for data entry, and when I go from one page to the next, I'd like it to stay on the same record. 

TXGeneral64
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I tend to design interfaces as a multi-page view of a single record as well like @Mary_Going1  suggested. Interface-wide filters would be divine!

Liz_Shaw

This is so necessary! At least as long as it isn't possible to create editable Grid or Kanban views for multiple linked records on a single page, I am constantly flipping between Interface pages to input and update project information...

Markus_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can only agree. This would be an amazing feature. I've got deep bases with 60+ clients in each. Interfaces served as a great workaround from making a million views that has to be individually updated rather than just updating the table once. I'd like to have the filters stay indefinitely untill updated, since it would allow for an entire interface for each filter that all can be updated from the same base gridview.

stephanief
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Getting in line to second that! 

Theodora_Hart

Thirding and Fourthing that!! Anyone know if this exists already and I'm too dumb to enable it?

stephanief
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Looks like it has been integrated - at least for grid views, the filters stick now. 

Theodora_Hart

I don't think it has. I just tested it: example 

Maybe you need to tick an extra box or something that I'm not seeing? (My team's interface needs to be prefiltered as part of the interface build as well to filter out records that employees shouldn't be able to filter in, so maybe that messes with the functionality?)