cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakub
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I have this simple problem with filtering by date. 

When I try to filter Date - is within - past year I also got records from this year.

Also If I try to filter Date - is within - past month I got only some of the records from the previous month.

What am I missing here, please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,

it's a common asked question, same as 'why it has "past month", "next month", but no "this month"?'

the real meaning of 'last year' is 'one year back from today (including)', 2022-02-16 - now(2023-02-16). Same for 'next year', but in forward direction. 'Week', 'month' working in the same way.

if you want to use some unit (month,week,year) in the meaning 'past month'='2023-01-01 - 2023-01-31', you need to add formula field for it.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,

it's a common asked question, same as 'why it has "past month", "next month", but no "this month"?'

the real meaning of 'last year' is 'one year back from today (including)', 2022-02-16 - now(2023-02-16). Same for 'next year', but in forward direction. 'Week', 'month' working in the same way.

if you want to use some unit (month,week,year) in the meaning 'past month'='2023-01-01 - 2023-01-31', you need to add formula field for it.

Jakub
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you. TBH, I'm pretty constrained by need of making those extra formulas in order to proceed with such basic operation, but your recommendation worked. Thank you 🙂 

I suggest the Filter By options be renamed if they are not accurately representing what they are showing.

If I want to filter by "Last Month" that does not mean some arbitrary (31?) number of days before today. It means the records that have a date in the last month. Since you already have "the past number of days" then "last month" is redundant.