cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrlau
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I was wondering if it's meant to be possible to sort the cards manually within each stack in the Kanban element in an interface. You can do it in the Kanban view but I don't seem to be able to do it in an interface.

Erik

15 Replies 15

Hm yeah, it even lets us drag and drop it as if we should be able to do it.  Perhaps try opening a support ticket about it? Seems like a bug

I will try support.

Wladimir_Jansse
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Indeed it would be super useful to move up and down a card in a single column ? Clearly a big pain for the entire team as we have a lot of other useful links and shortcut in this interface feature! 

Support just said, "From what I've been able to learn this is actually a limitation of Kanban in its Interface version right now. I've passed the question along to our Interfaces team for additional comment, so I will wait and see what they have to share about this with us. Please stay tuned for our next response."

I haven't heard back.

Brulance
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, anything new on that topic? I'm very limited in the interface UX because of the drag and drop option not being available.

francescoboes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

News about?

Joshua_Moore1

I have wanted more drag-and-drop sorting in the interfaces for a LONG time. It's nearly impossible to do manual sorting without it. I hope they release this functionality soon!

ashley_24

I wish I had an answer to share, but instead here to say that our team could also benefit greatly from this capability! Here's hoping the AT team hears us. 🤞

DavidW
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey everyone,

This feature is now available as part of the Visualization Enhancements we released yesterday.

To enable this for your kanban element, open up the "Sort By" menu in the properties panel for the element and select a "Manual sort field" to use (red rectangle). The option highlighted with the blue rectangle allows you to make a field to use to enable this sorting functionality. Please also make sure that the permission setting "Edit records inline" is enabled on the element.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 2.46.03 PM.png

After that setup, you should be able to drag and drop items to your liking in your Kanban element. 

Please try this out and let me know any feedback you have about it!

ashley_24

Hi David, Thank you for sharing this! What a win.

I was able to successfully enable this, but have a coworker getting an error message whenever she tries to move items around on the interface Kanban (while it works for me). She does not have data layer access, only Interface, so wondering if you know why this might be?

Thanks!

DavidW
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @ashley_24! Thanks for trying this out. The issue your coworker hit should be fixed now, but please let me know if it's still not working. Sorry about that!

Hi, I've got the manual sort field as an option in an interface kanban, but I'm not actually able to drag and drop records into a different order after applying it. It is working in grid and list views in the same interface, weirdly. I am the owner of the workspace, so it shouldn't be a permissions issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

DavidW
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey @kjakolacst,

Make sure that the "Edit records inline" option (under "User actions") is also enabled for your Kanban element (in addition to selecting the "Manual sort field" in the "Sort by" menu). Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue!

Yes, editing records in-line is working. Is it because the kanban I'm trying to do this on is an element, rather than a layout? So it's in a page with other types of elements. We need the interface to show folks info from a couple different tables in a couple different formats all in one place; our users are unfortunately easily overwhelmed by trying to navigate to a bunch of different parts of an interface. So I'm hoping I can give them manual sorting in the same view where they can see the other items they need for the project we're managing with this tool. 

Hey @kjakolacst 

Yes, it is because of the differences between Kanban as part of the Kanban layout vs. Kanban in a "Blank" layout. We've made a fix on our end to support this, and it should go out early next week. Sorry about that!