1390 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johanna_Riggle_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Okay, this is another one that I feel weird asking. I can't imagine I'm truly the first person asking... I've poked around here, Reddit, etc. and I haven't seen a direct answer so I'm asking— and apologizing if I'm being a goober who missed the super-clear response in some other post/exchange. 

Sooooo, Obsidian! Know it? 

Part of my problem is that I don't quite know how to phrase my question....

Short and direct: is there an extension that will allow me to visualize my table/base like the graph view of Obsidian? 

I already have a big base where I keep notes, ideas, etc. It goes like this (roughly):

Notes Table

• note
  • type (multi-select)
  • topic (linked field)
  • connections (linked field)
  • creators (linked field)

Topics table

• includes connections

Creators Table

(I'm not baking out the whole base here because I'm not sure it's needed, but I'm happy to share more as needed to help me figure this out.)

I'm hoping there's an extension that will allow me to see the spaces and connection visually represented rather than in counts and linked notes— like Obsidian's graph view. Make sense? I hope so! 

Thank you!

Best,

Johanna

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are only a small number of extensions available for Airtable, and they are listed here. Maybe the Vega-Lite extension will do what you’re looking for? I’m not sure.

Otherwise, just like your previous question, you would need to turn to Make to send your data from Airtable to any visualization tool on the market that has a REST API.

I’ve heard good things about Tableau and DataBox and QuickChart, but I’m not sure if those do what you’re looking for.

If you find a tool that isn’t natively supported by Make but offers a REST API, you can always custom craft your own calls with either Make’s HTTP module or the DataFetcher.