Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Prefill Linked Record in Interface forms

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
Solved
Jump to Solution
2035 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Jakarta
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi

I'm really, really trying to love interface forms and the design is much improved but is it really the case that you cannot prefill linked record in the form? I've tried with Recordid and with the name and it doesn't work. Other fields are fine (that I have tried) but not linked records. 

I believe its also the case that users need access to the base to submit if its being used as an internal form. 

Can anyone confirm these, are there work arounds. I'm having to abandon them for now and build with old forms 😞 

Cheers

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I see that clear does not solve the problem.
I am specifying the link record by record ID.

I use a formula like this to link.

"https://airtable.com/app~/pag~/form" &
"?prefill_" & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT("Link Record" ) & "=" & RECORD_ID()

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Jason_Jakarta,

It is functioning properly.
However, the form in the new interface now remembers the value being input
If you have trouble with pre-filling, try clearing it.

2024-01-22 153932.png

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This seems to be a bug with the interface forms. Be sure to report it to support@airtable.com.

In the meantime, as you mentioned, you can use the old forms to do this.

Alternatively, if you are using prefilled forms to update existing records in Airtable, you can skip over prefilling altogether and use Fillout, which is 100% free and allows you to update existing Airtable records directly from a form.

Fillout also offers the ability to prefill, and they offer dozens of advanced form features that Airtable doesn’t offer, such as creating new linked records from a form.

Thanks Sho but it's just not working for me on multiple forms. I've tried clearing but no joy. Are you using Name or recordID of curiosity?  

Thanks Scott, does seem to be hit and miss from what I'm reading. Love Fillout but clients wants to try and keep it all on the platform. 

I see that clear does not solve the problem.
I am specifying the link record by record ID.

I use a formula like this to link.

"https://airtable.com/app~/pag~/form" &
"?prefill_" & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT("Link Record" ) & "=" & RECORD_ID()

Thanks @Sho  this dint work either initially, I was just about to post back and I decided to clear the form again. It worked!! I'm not sure what was going on but thanks for your help in confirming it works and sharing your formula. 🙏🏻