cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbrinkley
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey all

Been working with the new Dashboard option and so far I have had a positive experience. One thing that I seem to have lost is the ability to link to a sidesheet record detail like I can in other Interface page.

For example, I have an interface page that is just a list and I am able to open a detail sidesheet from that interface page using a URL like this: 

https://airtable.com/apptXXXXXXXXXXXXX/pagXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/recXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?tableId=tblXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

Which is great, I can hand out that link and people will go to the interface page and the sidesheet opens for the record.

It looks like I am unable to do that with the new Dashboard page. 

Is that correct? Or is there another way to do that?
Cheers!

3 Replies 3
Glen_Bayless
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The URL is definitely different in the new Dashboard but I was able to make it work. https://airtable.com/apptxxxxxxxxxxxx/pagxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with an added '?xxxxx%3Aexpand=x##'

It doesn't look to be directly correlated with tableid that you seem to have in your URL but it's a URL that opens the detail section.

Hey Glen thanks for the reply

Not sure I am following you correctly. What is supposed to go into '?xxxxx%3Aexpand=x##' are those rec or table numbers that go into those x's and #'s?

In my example above, the link points to an interface page that is a List. Once you get into the list page, then the details sidesheet open to that specific record. The nice thing is that I am able to use a formula to create a link to that details sidesheet that I can send out in an email. That way when someone clicks the link in the email it takes them to the right details sidesheet for that specific record.

From what I can tell, I am unable to do that with an interface page using the new Dashboard. My attempts to open a details sidesheet in the Dashboard page does not work like a page that was a List. I am struggling to have a similar link.

I dont think I am missing anything. But maybe its not possible to directly link to the details sidesheet of a specific record on the new Dashboard page?

Cheers! 

Ahh I misunderstood. When you said 'new Dashboard' I was thinking the actual Dashboard Interface Type not list. I'm not familiar with that URL string you posted. I can't replicate it in my App. Apologies.

Hope you get your answer.