1522 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdmtr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey! I’m so happy with Interfaces and it’s wonderful that this product FINALLY happened.

The ability to create/duplicate/delete linked records from the linked grid interface - would be a game changer for me. I’d love to know that this is on the roadmap.

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

Yah, I’ve created a meeting organiser via the new interface and it’s fantastic! But the last thing I went to do is add a button to create a new record (new meeting in my case) and … I’m like, where… where’s the “create new record” button? :sob:

This is absolutely needed pleeease!

EDIT: I see you can create a new record if you have inserted a Grid View into your interface. Also, I’m thinking of just creating a blank entry to use via Automation if none exist already. Only problem is that the record is created before the future meeting, so I can’t track dates upon record creation. … Hmmm.

EDIT 2: Ok, my problem is mainly due to my primary field being a formula, which being read-only doesn’t allow the system to offer the New Record + button.

Realistically, users will benefit from being able to drop in and locate a Big Red Button™ to create a new record, rather than needing some weird workaround (like having a nested grid view all for the sake of it’s + plus button to create the new record).

You can, but unfortunately this functionality isn’t available for Grid Views containing linked records. This is the feature I’d like to have.

255229218_4825768737447937_3743804104293173008_n

Max_Goldberg1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It seems you can add new records but only if the grid view is filtered, not linked. If there was some way to filter it by the record in view, that would solve this problem. But there’s no way to reference the name or any other field of the record in view when filtering the grid.

Konrad_Schafers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I really also need this feature.

I have multiple bases that have the classic Order → Line Item relationship.
My users want to open an Order and edit/Add/Delete new line items in a grid view.

This is the only feature that is missing before I can use Interface Designer.
In my airtable base the users currently switch between a grouped view (Group of the Order) of the line items and the general Order table.

You might try On2Air Amplify. It’s an app in the marketplace.

O2A_quickview

You can add new linked records to a record or you can add a new record in general.

addnewrecord_final

Amplify is a record dashboard app that lets you customize how you view records, linked records, linked tables, and more. You can also edit and view any Google Doc, Sheet, or Slide.

These images show an update for the app that should be added in the next week.

Hey Hannah!

I purchased a one-year license for On2Air Amplify right when it first came out but unfortunately I never ended up using it because it doesn’t (or didn’t at the time) support a grid view of linked records with inline editing functionality.

I’ve also come to appreciate native Airtable solutions more because they “just work” with less fussing around. However, it’s unfortunate that development by Airtable is very slow and new features launches generally lack advanced functionality. Hoping that will change in the future.

This is my exact use case.

If this feature was implemented, I could then automate further and enormously simplify data entry processes essential for my situation.

Gotcha!
You can view a list of linked records in relation to the current record. Then, you can double click and edit it you want. But I do see what you’re saying about a grid view of the records with inline editing. Thank you for the input!

Hi it’s really more about adding linked record rather than editing existing ones.
Edit works well in the grid view of linked records.

However, adding records in the interface designer is not really possible today.

It would be great to add linked articles in the linked gridview through the SHIFT + ENTER shortcut.
This is someting I can already do if I go to the linked table and group by the related (parent) field, so I hope this feature will be implemented soon

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Setup a form to enter the data and then add a button field to your table to open the forms url and pre fill the form with the correct data to link the records.

Add your button to the interface. The form will open in a new browser window. Submissions will enter the interface view if you’ve done it right.

Extra tip - If you set the form for multiple submissions the pre fill data persists across the submissions, allowing you to add multiple linked records in one session.