1467 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole_Hawkesf1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Please could number formatting options be implemented? At minimum, I would expect to be able to set decimal places and use of thousands comma. Even better would be to add currency symbols.

6 Replies 6
Josh_Rutherford
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Also, please add the ability to provide more formatting options for charts. The pie chart is currently a block of colors. It would be nice to be able to put each block’s legend title and what the block represents (in this case, a percentage number) on the actual pie.

Agree, and/or to sort the segments by summary field as well, like you can with bar charts - currently the pie charts feel a bit random.

MK_Mueller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So glad someone has raised this. I need to release several interfaces to my team and am afraid it will be non-user friendly based on the numbers being almost illegible. Currency and commas / decimals, please!

Andrej_Perdan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dear Airtable,

Is international number formatting coming anytime soon?

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Airtable has historically been very quiet about its plans for future features. There is a Table Talk on YouTube on Jan 20 that sounds like some roadmap info will be released. However, there is no guarantee that this level of info will be included.

For now, you can use a formula field to convert your number field to a text string with your desired formatting options. The formula is rather complex, but you can get the formula with a premium license of my Ready Made Formulas app

This is available now, perhaps you saw that. An example below, including totals in the legend. 

Peter_Buck_0-1692046225915.png