cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen_Siugzda
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi

I'm using the Resource Allocation template that Airtable created as a guide for my own version of a team resources tracker. Problem is, our jobs have many different levels of effort required depending on what's being requested. I think I have it set up in a decent way to allow for that, but in testing, it's looking like it's too cumbersome to have someone fill in the estimated amount of time required EVERY single time the job comes in, especially for revisions.

For example:

1. Initial layout of the job may take 8 hours. 
  2. When that same job comes back in for revisions (which can be numerous times) each time the amount of effort required will vary. Could be a quick fix, 15 minutes. Could be a partial re-do, 3 hours.  

Any suggestions on how to best automate populating the time required field, for each time revisions come in? The goal is to have an accurate view of each designer's workload. If I set up general ranges for various tasks, or try to train AI to guess (if that's even possible) I question the usefulness of the interface then, as a range will not accurately show us truly how busy each person is. It could be way off.

Anyone else here utilizing some sort of resource allocation interface/tracker??

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Hmm, it feels like the people working on it are going to need to have some sort of input in order for you to get accurate data?  The best case is if they input the start and end time and what task they were working on.  If not, a generalized start and end time would be the next best thing, or asking them to provide a general range too

Without them actually keying in the data we're mostly guessing, which, as you've pointed out, makes this not very useful

Thanks for your reply. 

We can't be unique in our situation. I am so curious how others are accurately tracking team resources and availability.