Help

Re: Restricting interface filter element so one client cannot view other client data

Solved
Jump to Solution
822 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrian-wsa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all

I'm trying to create an interface (dashboard) that uses a report Filter on client ID (eg. so that client A can only see client A data on the dashboard) (https://support.airtable.com/docs/interface-element-filter).

I have shared the interface to a test user as readonly, however the test user can simply change the value in the filter on top of the dashboard, then he can see any client's data.

What I'm looking for is to grey out the dashboard filter value, so it says client = "client A" for client A, and client = "client B" for client B etc).... I know I can create a different view for each client, however this is a lot of manual work as the number of client increases...

Any suggestion would be much appreciated! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey @adrian-wsa

You have to create a unique interface per customer and share each of them with the client you refer. While this seams to be painful and time consuming as a solution, as I have already done it I recommend the following steps: 

1. Create one interface and filter you data in data source and not on "record picker element". In this way by default the interface will include data only for that specific client and the record pricker element will show again only his related records. 

2. When you finalize the interface start duplicating it and the for each duplicated just update the filer in data source 

3. When you do updates in interfaces, you can create the new page in one of them, and then duplicate the page by adding it other's client interface. 

Last but not least, I you have a table with all your client data, I would recommend you so save there the link for their interfaces because you can use them in email notifications with automations, so then in emails you can include the url for interface. 

For any further question feel free to post on Airtable community. 

Yours sincerely, 
Dimitris Goudis  

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Hey @adrian-wsa

You have to create a unique interface per customer and share each of them with the client you refer. While this seams to be painful and time consuming as a solution, as I have already done it I recommend the following steps: 

1. Create one interface and filter you data in data source and not on "record picker element". In this way by default the interface will include data only for that specific client and the record pricker element will show again only his related records. 

2. When you finalize the interface start duplicating it and the for each duplicated just update the filer in data source 

3. When you do updates in interfaces, you can create the new page in one of them, and then duplicate the page by adding it other's client interface. 

Last but not least, I you have a table with all your client data, I would recommend you so save there the link for their interfaces because you can use them in email notifications with automations, so then in emails you can include the url for interface. 

For any further question feel free to post on Airtable community. 

Yours sincerely, 
Dimitris Goudis  

adrian-wsa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks a lot for your help!