Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

See values from multiple columns in dropdown (like a card) while linking a record

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
Solved
Jump to Solution
701 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avani
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have 3 tables - Gift Hamper, Products, BOM 

Gift hamper - has list of gift hamper ids/names

Products - have list of products

In BOM we assign products & quantity to Gift Hamper (one gift hamper can have multiple products)

While linking a product in BOM, I would like to see some values from Product columns (eg stock available). I would like to do this in grid format & not add each row individually using form.

How do I do so?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, perhaps try using an Interface, helper table, and automations for this?  In the screenshot below, I've got a record picker to select the BOM Assembly and a list view to display the products I've currently got linked to the BOM.  Below it is a Grid view that displays all the available products and I can link it to the BOM Assembly

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 9.25.04 AM.png

Once I add products to a BOM Assembly, they'll show up in the List view, and I can update the "BOM Quantity" field to say how many of that product I want for this gift hamper

After I've fully assembled the hamper, I'd run an automation via a button that would grab all of this data and create it in the "BOM" table, and also clear out all the existing data, does that make sense?

See Solution in Thread

Implemented little differently. But the idea worked! Thank you so much.

Added products to gift hamper. After selecting all products, used automation to add products to bom & remove from gift hamper > products field. Updating quantity in bom. The product card shows quantity available and allows us to select variant right away.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, perhaps try using an Interface, helper table, and automations for this?  In the screenshot below, I've got a record picker to select the BOM Assembly and a list view to display the products I've currently got linked to the BOM.  Below it is a Grid view that displays all the available products and I can link it to the BOM Assembly

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 9.25.04 AM.png

Once I add products to a BOM Assembly, they'll show up in the List view, and I can update the "BOM Quantity" field to say how many of that product I want for this gift hamper

After I've fully assembled the hamper, I'd run an automation via a button that would grab all of this data and create it in the "BOM" table, and also clear out all the existing data, does that make sense?

Implemented little differently. But the idea worked! Thank you so much.

Added products to gift hamper. After selecting all products, used automation to add products to bom & remove from gift hamper > products field. Updating quantity in bom. The product card shows quantity available and allows us to select variant right away.

Oooh yeah, that's a nice set up!