594 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamgill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a button automation that sends a message to Slack. In this message, I'd like a filtered list in the interface to be included, how do i do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not possible because Airtable’s automations do not have access to any of the live data from interfaces, except for the currently logged-in user (this feature is only available in interfaces).

If you need to filter on more criteria than simply the logged-in user, then the only way that I can think of accomplishing this would be to give your users a dropdown menu (in a single-select field) of options that you have PRE-CHOSEN for them, which would then trigger your pre-configured automations.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not possible because Airtable’s automations do not have access to any of the live data from interfaces, except for the currently logged-in user (this feature is only available in interfaces).

If you need to filter on more criteria than simply the logged-in user, then the only way that I can think of accomplishing this would be to give your users a dropdown menu (in a single-select field) of options that you have PRE-CHOSEN for them, which would then trigger your pre-configured automations.