cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drewwww
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I am building a web app with Pory (pory.io) as the frontend and Airtable as the backend.

I would like users to log in and enter information into Airtable via Airtable forms.

I have been able to set up users on Pory and integrate this with Airtable. However, when I fill out a form as a logged-in user the records that are created have "Anonymous" in the field "created by", and do not appear to be associated with the logged-in user.

Is it possible to prefill a field in the the Airtable form with the ID of the logged-in Pory user, or to otherwise to associated the record that is created when the form is submitted with the logged-in user?

Best regards,

6 Replies 6
stevendasilva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It is possible to prefill a form with an ID.  Airtable Form URLs allow you to prefill and hide any field. 

CONCATENATE("Your Form ID", '?prefill_Pory+ID=', {Pory ID},'&hide_Pory+ID=true')
Screenshot 2023-11-01 181244.png

Where are the IDs from your Pory Users Stored? 

drewwww

Thanks for your reply!

I set up my Pory app up to manage users through Airtable as per this guide: https://pory.io/tutorials/managing-users-through-airtable

And therefore the pory users are stored in a table on Airtable, with their email address.

drewwww

I am hoping to find a way to have embedded forms on Pory pages, that will prefill (and hide) a field with the currently logged-in user, without having to use an individual bespoke URL for each form/user, if that makes sense.

stevendasilva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Do you know if there is a way in Pory to use a field related to a user in your page? For example: Are you able to say "Hello FirstName" on a pory page? 

You can pre-fill a single form that has been embedded using the user field (pory ID for example) 
I can give you an example as long as Pory gives you access to these variables. 

Hi, thanks for your reply and your suggestions.

After more searching around I unfortunately have not been able to find any way to access variables such as ID for a logged in user on Pory, to use in a field related to a user in the page. There are templates to show airtable data associated with a user and have the user able to edit this data on the Pory page, but this doesn't suit my use case (where users should be able to log in and submit data via a form, and have this data associated with them in Airtable).

I wonder if there is a way to do this using custom scripts?

stevendasilva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@drewwww  The scripts would have to be on the Pory side. I don't believe they allow that capability. 

I submitted a ticket with Pory to see if they have any capabilities.