96 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AtikahR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to share an interface with my teams (more than 10 users). They just need to edit/update some data on the interface, but when I want to share with them, I need to change to 'Editor'. So, there's more than 10 editors in 1 interface. I'm using Business plan (annually).  I don't understand at the part where I need to pay for each editor, which means the bill is not fixed and it will be added for each 'Editor' I add? Does it actually include in the bill, no extra charge or what? Can't I just share with my teams without extra charges?

2 Replies 2

Hello,

This is Airtable's licensing policy. You can have as many read only users as you want without extra cost, but you have to pay a licence for each user with editor rights, the licence cost depending on the plan your are on.

Regards,

Pascal

Many business users find that granting editor access to users is cost prohibitive. A user who occasionally edit a single select field costs the same as a user who builds and maintains the entire base. When you add users, your monthly bill will show a pro-rated cost for any new users that you added based on when they were added. 

Sometimes people use a third-party portal system for these types of users. Most third party portal systems have a flat monthly rate instead of a per-user rate.

In some very simple use cases, people use a combination of buttons that open prefilled forms and automations to update Airtable data. This technique can be free; however, the workflows are a bit kludgy.