Help

Sorting a chart by counts, or creating a new table with counts broken down by breed

131 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nacanicross
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!  Can anyone help me get some more useful info from this chart?

I want to be able to show a list of breeds with counts in descending order.  It seems like its still alphabetical in this legend which doesn't help much. I've also  been able to see the counts in a group sort on my member talbe, but I dont see any way to get that info somewhere usefull.

I'm open to creating a new table which would create new lists that show the counts of each breed if that's the best way to do it.  Thanks!

nacanicross_0-1726074647209.png

4 Replies 4
DisraeliGears01
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hard to say exactly without seeing how your base is composed, but I presume you messed with the "Order" options inside "Categories" under "Data" (there's ascending/descending options there).

I think the donut table may not be your best option here considering how many fields you have. Perhaps a bar graph would display this data more functionally?  

Yeap, +1 for the "Order" options

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.28.25 AM.png

Here's my data:
Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.29.52 AM.png
And here's how they look with different orders set:

Default Field Order:
Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.31.17 AM.png

Descending:

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.31.27 AM.png

Ascending:

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.31.23 AM.png

---
If you want table where each breed is a single record with the count, you could try converting your current Breed field to a linked field to a new table, resulting in this:

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.33.34 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.33.44 AM.png

Link to base

   

nacanicross
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for the insight!  I did try the order options, but that is still just alphabetical reversed or not reversed, no?

The linked table you shared looks promising, I will try that.  Thanks!

Hmm, in the legend on the right with the record counts, they differ based on the order used I think!