1011 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Owen_Smith
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to populate a calculated field using data input into other fields.

Example: 

Q1 = XYZ
Q2 = ABC

Calculated Field = Q1&Q2 = XYZABC

Is this possible to achieve in either an interface or a form?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, yeah I think that's not possible I'm afraid.  You could get functionality that's close to that in an interface with a record that already exists, but not for creating new records I'm afraid:

Screen Recording 2023-06-27 at 8.53.38 PM.gif

You could look into third party options like FillOut, On2Air etc for this though, I believe they have this functionality

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

Hm, could you talk more about your expected workflow?  A formula field with `{Q1}{Q2}` would get you the result you want, but it seems you want to activate this or something?

Here's an example but in Jotform:
https://form.jotform.com/231773130806048

I'd like to be able to do this in an Airtable form or interface is possible.

Ah, yeah I think that's not possible I'm afraid.  You could get functionality that's close to that in an interface with a record that already exists, but not for creating new records I'm afraid:

Screen Recording 2023-06-27 at 8.53.38 PM.gif

You could look into third party options like FillOut, On2Air etc for this though, I believe they have this functionality

This is exactly what I need - it was the Record Summary layout I needed. 

I looked at this before but didn't notice the Permissions setting in the right sidebar - I changed that to editable, and  can now calculate a field based on drop-downs, thanks for the help!

Hi @Owen_Smith , could you please explain how you managed to add a calculated field in a form?

I used an interface to achieve this, rather than a form @Rafael_Oliveira 

Rafael_Oliveira
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Owen_Smith 
Could you please show me where? I am stuck trying to find a way to put a calculated field in a form, even in interface form, but I cannot find a way.