Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Using Record Review for multiple reviewers (200+ records)?

53 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GHR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Haven't worked with Airtable for a while, so have missed a lot of updates. 

I need to build a base where over 200 records needs review and given input for potential change. There is multiple reviewers, and I need to track which reviewer ok'ed or suggested change for what.

200+ records would obviously be an endless form, so I am looking at Interfaces and the new Record Review, which seems promising, but I can't figure out how to allow multiple reviewers to give separate input?

The reviewers are external, but could be onboarded to Airtable. Ideally, I'd like to use a form to populate a 'reviewer' table with information, and then automate a link to the Record Review.

Hoping for input, thanks!

2 Replies 2
Mike_AutomaticN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey @GHR!

To deal with "track which reviewer ok'ed or suggested change for what.": If Reviewers are Airtable users, you can always include one or multiple "Last Modified By" fields, which will show what Airtable user made the change to the record (or to a specific field within the record, depending on how you configure your "Last Modified By" field)

Regarding "how to allow multiple reviewers to give separate input?": This will depend on your use case. If you are trying to get multiple reviews for one same record, you might want to have an additional table called "Reviews" where you can have a one to one relationship between original record to be reviewed and each single reviewer. You can have the fields to be reviewed in this new table, where each reviewer will be able to input its own answer to the specific original record to be reviewed.

Regarding "The reviewers are external, but could be onboarded to Airtable. Ideally, I'd like to use a form to populate a 'reviewer' table with information, and then automate a link to the Record Review.": Yes, this would def work.

Mike, Consultant @ Automatic Nation

If you want to use an Airtable interface for your reviewers to submit info, keep in mind that currently that would require you to pay Airtable for each of your reviewers. This can be cost prohibitive. There are rumblings that Airtable will be introducing portal features that might make this affordable, but there are no guarantees and no timeline.

You say that "200+ records would obviously be an endless form". However, in Airtable, in general, each form submission corresponds to one new record. So there might be a disconnect between your understanding of how Airtable records and forms work with each other.

One possible option is to have an interface where you give each reviewer read-only access. Have two tables--one table for your main records and another table for review submissions. Have a {Reviewers} user field in the main table where you put who is supposed to review the record. Then have a button field that opens an external form for the review submissions that is prefilled for that record. Have the form require that the user be logged into Airtable so that the new record will say which Airtable user created it. Use rollup fields to determine which users have submitted the form, which are pending, which have approved, etc.