Help

Re: Ways to export to PDF or XLSX from Interface?

2605 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Are there ways to export on-screen data for the applicable record or child records to a PDF or XLSX from interface designer? I'm aware of the page builder extension in the base, and the download to csv option in the base view screen - but I want my users to stay in interfaces. I'd like to be able to add a button up top that says "Export to XLSX" on a project plan and have an XLSX or CSV document be spawned for download from the interfaces screen. Alternatively it could be emailed or pushed to cloud storage.

Is there a way to do this natively? Or only with 3rd party integrations?

4 Replies 4
Manuel_Tanco
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey, I don't know the exact answer. But hopefully this community post works, they speak about the same/similar issue you mention. Hopefully this is a bit better than no-answer😅
https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/button-to-trigger-automation-or-script-to-expor...

bibiczh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello @corb 

That's an excellent question I had to face a few month ago. You can now do it with the premium version of Excel-Exporter. There is a freemium version and a premium version with a 7 day free trial. You can also ask them custom tools if you have a very specific need. It's a third party app that you can find on the marketplace of airtable and it does 100% of what you ask. Moreover, the data of your export don't go through any server, so it's pretty safe. Cheers!

corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Looks like a nice extension but can you access extensions from an Interface UI? I didn't think you could.

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@corbthis is how to do it:

https://youtu.be/dZ5Eh746yVI

Corresponding guide in the description

In this video, I will show you how to create an interface using Airtable and CSV Getter that allows users to download Airtable data as CSV files. I will demonstrate how to filter the data, create export links, and customize the appearance of the interface. By following these steps, you can easily