911 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonia2604
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I just signed up for the business plan and as it says in the plan (photo attached), it says unlimited editors. I have created an app that collects feedback through a form so I need many external people to be able to edit the form. Is there a way to do it without being charged on the invoice for each user who edits (the option to do it through a form link does not exist, I need to be able to edit the interface, not the data).

sonia2604_0-1704731529091.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It is not possible for free users to edit record data on the Business plan. It is possible for free users to fill out a form view (or an interface public form, but not an interface-only form). You can then use automations to edit existing records based on the info in the new record that is created by the form. (In Airtable a form always creates a new record, it does not edit existing records.)

If you need multiple people to edit existing data, you may want to look into using a portal service. I list some portal services here.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It is not possible for free users to edit record data on the Business plan. It is possible for free users to fill out a form view (or an interface public form, but not an interface-only form). You can then use automations to edit existing records based on the info in the new record that is created by the form. (In Airtable a form always creates a new record, it does not edit existing records.)

If you need multiple people to edit existing data, you may want to look into using a portal service. I list some portal services here.

Additionally, Fillout is free, and lets users update Airtable records directly from a form.

Nice article, @kuovonne! I really like using Noloco and JetAdmin for my portals — and I am currently using them with several of my Airtable consulting clients — but those are not currently on your list.

Also, Fillout can sort of be seen as a "lite portal"... it's not a "full portal", but can be used as a mini-portal in many circumstances.