662 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victor_detraz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I had an idea in mind for a while now. I would like to create a “hub”, a repository of science-backed studies on a specific topic. If you’re familiar with this website, examine.com does exactly what I intend to do on a broader scale.
While examine is not specific to one “niche” but rather gathered studies on specific supplements, I intend to do the same for diabetes and everything related to insulin resistance.

Ideally, the project would contain a Home page with a search bar and illustrations all around, with part of the Homepage linking directly to subcategories like:

studies repository for the tag « Cinnamon »
studies repository for the tag « Metformin »
studies repository for the tag « chromium »
etc.

I imagine I’ll have to create a database regrouping every study about the subject;

Ideally, I’d crawl/scrape the URLs of the major databases publishing studies: Pubmed, ScienceDirect, Google scholar/NCBI, and the likes.
I’m also looking for guidance regarding the best practices here in building this database if any of you have experience in similar projects.

For the other pages of the project, for each of the tag/keywords like those mentioned above, say « Metformin », guidance regarding the posology as well as a data frame summarising the outcome of each study performed on Metformin would be enough for starters.
Ideally, each row of the data frames would contain these studies’ output/conclusion, with columns returning information like « limits of the study (done in rats and not in human, for instance) », « notes », etc. This would be enough, to begin with.

All in all, I’d like to just build an « MVP » for now, with basic features. Ultimately, advanced data would be attached to these studies and I would take care of this as I have a background in data science/analysis.

First of all I’d like to be sure that airtable is the perfect backend tool for such web app :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Replies 4
seth_cis
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

PM Sent, Please check/

BR
Seth R

Hello seth
My inbox is empty…

Lauren_Wilson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey @victor_detraz ,
I can help you.
To discuss further in detail kindly reach me at lauren@cisinlabs.com
Thanks !
Lauren

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Victor,
What you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise and I would be happy to help you out on this.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew