949 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joan_Mershon
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think this is a medium-easy task. I need three-four tables, that are interconnected for coordinating an event. The time table is short - next week or so. The budget is shorter - we are an all volunteer new organization.

No data to worry about - just need to get the framework set up to put it into. I can make the various fields, but where I need help is with the linking.

The main list is a list of exhibitors. Some are also on Tab 2 as speakers. Simple, right? Where I need help is in making it so if someone is added as a Speaker, they automatically get added to the Exhibitor list. Then I need to have a 3rd Tab - Sponsors, who also automatically get added to the Exhibitor list. There is a 4th Tab - one for the company. It would track the role and year, based on the above entered data. Example: At a glance can see that Acme participate in 2016 (Presenter, Exhibitor), 2017 (Exhibitor, Speaker)

I need to have some way to repeat this in upcoming years - maintaining the old data, but starting over fresh each year.

I think I could figure it out if I have to, but my bandwidth is all focused on revising the website, in addition to my day job.

8 Replies 8
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I think I would fold it into two tables. Participants and Tracking or something. And simply keep track of the roles using checkboxes.

You can then use views to hide irrelevant fields and filter records for the different types of participants. In the Tracking table you could create multiple linked fields to the Participants depending on the role if that works for you.

With emoji you can indicate the different roles so it’s easy to spot them at a glance. Simply use a formula for the primary field in the Participants table and you’ll also see them in Tracking.

Something like that seems like a good starting point… :slightly_smiling_face:

I would have a table for Participants as @Tuur said, or maybe 2 if Speakers and Sponsor are different respecting to the data you wanna store (for instance, I have a Event Management base, and despite Venues are also “Providers” I have them in a separate table because it’s the place where the events is celebrated, and so on).

I also agree in the second table, but I don’t get the checkboxes thing. I would create a Roles field of type Single Select (or Multiple if needed), yo I can add the role in a unique field.

I don’t get this neither. You MUST add the Participants to track their roles.

Also, you need a Year field to be able to Filter by the editions.

It could have been clearer. :winking_face:

Instead of using checkboxes or a drop down you could also add a field & link for each role. It’s a matter of preference, but it has the advantage of possible multiple roles in one tracking entry. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh I see. One Linked Record field for every Role, isn’t it? I think it’s simpler with Select (you can use Multiple too), and don’t forget the Yearly thing! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Joan_Mershon

Let me go back and start with the desired results -

• Have a Company List with all past/current participation, by various Contacts, in various Roles easily visible.
  • Have 3 separate lists for this year - people who have access to Sponsor list, may/may not have access to Speaker list, etc
  • Form will be used to enter data - which is why the Sponsor/Speaker needs to auto-populate the Exhibitor information. Those with access to the form will not have access to anything else.

I can use filters, etc to manipulate it to my heart’s content. However, I am supporting luddites here - They can’t do filters, etc. (“too complicated”)

Hi Joan,

If I may intervene. This is very simple and shouldn’t take much time at all.

I am an Executive Assistant with a focus on Project and Data Management. Feel free to email me so that we can collaborate and get this completed right away.

All the best,
Nathalie Collins
Nathalie@VAcePro.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vacepro/

Something like this?

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-27_12-35-17_p. m..png

The Contact thing is new, could you explain?

What you mean with “have access”? This is new too.

If you have all Companies in the same table you have not to populate anything. Anyway, with Lookup fields you can show information of any linked Table. What information do you want to get in the Form? This is also new :grinning_face_with_sweat:

PD: Of course you have historical data adding the Year:

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-27_12-38-43_p. m..png

I was not ignoring this - just got stuck in meetings all day.

I am contacting you via email