3067 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deko
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

For consistency, I would like to have user be able to select an item from a list. However, if an item is not listed I would like them to be able to add it by typing it in. Is that possible?

Individuals are using a from to add records, by the way.

4 Replies 4

Airtable forms don’t provide this type of behavior natively, at least not in terms of allowing a manual entry to be saved into the same field as a pre-built list. However, this can be cheated with clever setup and an automation. You can have user additions automatically add to the original list, or you can add a simple management feature that only lets options that you approve appear on the list for others to also choose.

Unfortunately I don’t have time to type out the details of the setup now, but I’ll get on it tomorrow morning.

Do you have a link that explains how to do this? The User additions automatically add to the original list. Can that be done with a form?

Sorry, it’s been a crazy week. I will write up the solution that I came up with, but it might be a few days.

Apologies again for the delay. I just wrote a new post outlining a couple ways to do this using automations: