Help

Re: Access - Is it possible to restrict access of certain fields/collumns to viewers?

142 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrlord
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

I am looking into creating a workspace where my team would manage information in tandem with our vendors. There will be sensitive information within our workspace - is it possible to give access for a workspace to a vendor, and restrict specific columns, tables, rows or custom fields?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Harry

2 Replies 2
Alyssa_Buchthal
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

No, it is unfortunately not possible. The best bet to restrict vendor access is to utilize synced bases, and only give them access to a base with fields in the sync that you want them able to see/manipulate.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @harrlord,

Yes, this is natively built into Airtable with Airtable's interfaces.

You can create your own interface where you only show the very specific information that you want each vendor to see. (And you can filter it so that each vendor can only see their own records.)

To be clear here: You would NOT want to share an entire workspace with your vendors, nor would you want to share an entire base with your vendors. You would ONLY want to share specific interfaces with your vendors.

You can learn more about Airtable's interfaces in these support articles.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld