cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_Lee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello all

I’m a reporter who uses Airtable to keep track of big developments on the subjects I cover. When I find a relevant article, I use the clipper to pull the page title, URL and whatever text I’ve highlighted in the story into a table. It’s a nice system.

But what I can’t work out is a way to easily log the date of an article’s publication. It doesn’t seem possible to add a date field into the clipper, so at the moment, I’m writing the date manually into a short text field. That’s fine - though if I want to arrange the articles by date, or generate a timeline infographic, I’ll run into problems.

How might I work around this?

Dave

13 Replies 13
Dave_Lee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Pete - I appreciate you dropping into the thread.

Paola_Rojas
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi - I thought I had a solution with Chrome’s extension “insert timestamp” (this date was inserted with it 24/12/2021). However, no luck bc web clipper doesn’t seem to support the extension.

Perhaps you can at least allow that until you allow for a date to be prefilled?

Thanks

Libby

Hi Pete, any update on this? Like @Dave_Lee I use airtable for media research (and love it) and the lack of date field in webclipper basically renders the web clipper redundant for me. Which is such a bummer, because it would literally halve my research time. I'd find @Paola_Rojas's suggestion very useful for sourcing, but it would not address the main need that I (and I would say many people) have, which is to comment about the date information is referring to, rather than when it was retreived. 

Dave_Lee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

While I still love Airtable, I've moved to Notion for doing this now. The Save To Notion chrome extension (the third party one, not the official Notion one) is fantastic -- and Notion's new AI functions are really effective in helping organize and categorize.