cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Podnos
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I use Zapier to run a large amount of automations in my Airtable bases. It looks like nothing is working anymore and the reason I’m thinking is because it is listing Airtable as ‘Deprecated’. The only way I can reconnect the zaps is to literally redo them from scratch with a new connection to Airtable. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on here?

Also, does anyone have any guidance on how to batch the updated airtable into my existing zaps? I don’t want to have to redo every single zap as I have dozens and redoing them seems to be fastest way to get something wrong.

Help would be appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi everyone,

We worked with Zapier to learn more about this issue. The migration to the new version of the Airtable connection should be 100% for all Zapier customers. The disappearing Airtable connection was a temporary symptom of the migration, but users’ Zaps should be back to normal and things should be functioning as expected.

If you’re still experiencing any issues please let me know so our teams can troubleshoot.

See Solution in Thread

17 Replies 17
Jake_Wright

No tips from me, but all of my airtable zaps are broken as well… so weird!

Medinas_Health

I’m having the same issue! This has currently broken about 20 automations we use to manage purchases :confused: so we’re currently flying blind.

I also discovered that my connection to Airtable in Zapier had disappeared. When I tried re-adding it there are now 2 different options for Airtable:

1. Airtable
  2. Airtable Legacy

I re-added airtable successfuly, but none of my zaps recognize that connection. When I tried to add an Airtable Legacy Connection I got this Error:
AirtableDevAPI could not be found

Either Airtable or Zapier has severed all connection between Airtable Legacy Connections and Airtable itself, rendering all connections broken. Very very bad way to start the morning.

Good to hear I am not alone, but this really is a horrible way to start Monday off!

Medinas_Health

If someone from the Airtable team could weigh in that would be super helpful. Has the Airtable Legacy Zapier connection been deprecated with no advanced warning, or is this an error that will be fixed quickly?

If it’s an error we can survive for a day to wait for the fix. If it’s permanent I need to start renovating two dozen zaps immediately to get our fulfillment system back up and running.

Brian_Podnos

This is supremely frustrating. I started reconnecting zaps manually and guess what…DEPRECATED AGAIN! This time I can’t even reconnect Airtable! I’ve messaged Zapier but can someone from Airtable respond to what is going on??

Do you all think this issue is in any way linked to the update? Zapier & Airtable Integration Broken: "table...configured to limit who can perform this operation"

Unfortunately, I’m not sure. Right now I’m too worried to even try to reconnect anything again for fear that zapier/airtable will ‘deprecate’ again.

Medinas_Health

Well… I wanted to avoid resorting to @ing people, but @Taylor_Savage, @Erin_OHern, @Jason any idea what might be up?

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey everyone, I’m looking into this now to see what may be going on. I’ll be sure to update here as soon as possible!

Medinas_Health

Just found this:

Sounds like they’re in the middle of a migration (which they do for us automatically, I had no idea, how awesome!) But I guess we haven’t been migrated yet (or something is wrong).

Good news is it should be temporary (obviously @Jason feel free to confirm/deny, and thanks for jumping in).

Thank you for the update!

I suppose that’s good news for me? I’m in the process of redoing all my zaps because I just can’t wait for my business…I’m now wondering if doing that means that the migration won’t work for me.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi everyone,

We worked with Zapier to learn more about this issue. The migration to the new version of the Airtable connection should be 100% for all Zapier customers. The disappearing Airtable connection was a temporary symptom of the migration, but users’ Zaps should be back to normal and things should be functioning as expected.

If you’re still experiencing any issues please let me know so our teams can troubleshoot.

Jake_Wright

@Jason hi. My issue is still happening and started as of today as well. It is posted here: Zapier & Airtable Integration Broken: "table...configured to limit who can perform this operation"

Any ideas on this?

Hey @Jake_Wright, sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind I’ll have our support team reach out to you tomorrow to help get things back to normal.

MattWeber

I got caught in the middle of this yesterday with a Zap I was updating. I rewrote the Zap this morning and it work for a little bit, then right before noon eastern I got the same error message as yesterday by email. No issues during zap testing, which I got yesterday as well.

Error Message
The app returned “You are not permitted to perform this operation because the field or table has been configured to limit who can perform this operation”.

Jyothi_Katuri
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am getting same error message and unable to write to airtable
Error Message
The app returned “You are not permitted to perform this operation because the field or table has been configured to limit who can perform this operation”.

henrypieterson

he "Deprecated" status for Airtable could indicate that the current connection method or version might no longer be supported or recommended.

Here's a general approach you can consider:

1. Check Zapier Updates:

• Review the Zapier updates and announcements to see if there are any changes or updates related to the Airtable integration. This can provide insights into any deprecations or changes in the integration.
  2. Zap Redo with New Connection:

• If the current Airtable connection is deprecated, you may need to create new zaps with a fresh connection to Airtable. This ensures you're using the latest integration and avoids potential issues with deprecated features.
  3. Batch Updating Zaps:

• Unfortunately, there isn't a direct "batch update" feature in Zapier for updating multiple zaps simultaneously. You might need to update them one by one.
    • To streamline this process, consider using the "Copy Zap" feature. Copying a zap allows you to replicate its settings, and you can then modify the necessary details for the new Airtable connection.
  4. Testing and Validation:

• After updating each zap, thoroughly test it to ensure it functions as expected with the new Airtable connection. This helps catch any potential issues early on.
  5. Reach Out to Zapier Support:

• If you're experiencing persistent issues or have specific questions about the deprecation, consider reaching out to Zapier's support for assistance.

Always refer to the most recent documentation and support resources for both Zapier and Airtable to ensure you have the latest and most accurate information. 

still if your facing any issue in Zapier Airtable Integration