1631 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjoshi1106
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to set up a sync, integration, or automation, between LinkedIn and Airtable, to enrich / update a candidate's record in Airtable based upon any updates to their LinkedIn data (e.g., role, company)?

7 Replies 7

I haven't tried, but it looks like you can use Make.  Zapier lists a connection but doesn't list triggers from LinkedIn so it's probably only one way.

https://www.make.com/en/integrations/linkedin/airtable

@ScottWorld has done a lot more with Make than I have, so he may be able to help if that is an option for you.

Steve_Haysom
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
Are you looking to update just one candidate at a time or more than one?

Bulk upload ideally!

Thank you! I reached out to Make to see if they have / can build something like this

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thanks for the shoutout, @BillH!

@pjoshi1106:

Make’s modules don’t natively support what you’re looking to do, but if LinkedIn’s API allows you to do what you want to do, then you can do it very easily with any Airtable-friendly API tool:

I would not recommend using Zapier. The main problems that I have with Zapier are best described by discussing the main advantages that Make has over Zapier:

1. Make has none of the limitations that Zapier has. Just as one example out of dozens of examples, Zapier only allows 3 conditional branches, whereas Make allows unlimited conditional branches. Also, Make has a purely visual drag-and-drop environment that makes it much easier to visualize entire automations.

2. Make is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than Zapier. Probably a million times more powerful. Lol. For example, Make has an entire library of hundreds of functions & tools built into the platform that let you manipulate your data in ways that Zapier doesn't allow at all -- including groups of Airtable records at once, which Zapier also doesn't allow.

3. Make is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than Zapier, even though it is way more powerful than Zapier.

4. Make has much better tech support than Zapier.

However, the one downside to Make is that there can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. There are also many Make experts hanging out there who can answer other Make questions.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable & Make consultant to help you with any of this, feel free to reach out to me through my website

I don't think you'd be able to use a linkedin api for this as I think you can only use the api if you are a large company like salesforce wanting to integrate a crm solution. One way of syncing candidate updates would be to upgrade to sales navigator, then you can add all your candidates to a lead list. Once you have done this, then it will let you know of any job changes to your leads:

Steve_Haysom_0-1688111117053.png

Alternatively, you can use a web scraping tool like APIFY, which is already setup to pull information from LinkedIn.

Check out all of their Linked In tools here.

Even better, Make has already implemented APIFY here, so you can easily integrate this with Airtable.