942 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
York_Irmer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I like airtable but seem to have difficulty in exporting data over the printer.
The page designer did not provide the solution I needed as it seems to be a product to design single pages for each datapoint, not long lists of data from different tabels all on one or two pages.
My alternative is copy/paste to Excel to get data out - but there must be more people with the same diffuclties out there (and searching through the Forum there were a few).
So what is the suggestion to get the data that is available in long lists of items just like in the grid view to a printer?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @York_Irmer!

Yep, this is one of the biggest limitations & largest frustrations with Airtable, which nearly 100% of my Airtable consulting clients have needed to somehow overcome in one way or another.

Be sure to email support@airtable.com to let them know about how this problem is negatively affecting you.

(Page Designer can only print each record individually as a small vertical record — and then you can squeeze many of those vertical records onto a page — but there’s no way to get a page header or a page footer or static text around those records, since each record is considered its own page.)

The workaround to this major flaw in Airtable is that you are required to use a variety of external platforms to solve this problem, as this problem can not be solved by Airtable. It is truly frustrating.

To solve this problem with my clients, I have setup all of my clients with an Integromat account, which is a low-code/no-code automation & integration platform.

You can setup Integromat to loop through your records in Airtable, and then you can send those records to an external app where you would eventually print the document — an app like Word, Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, DocuPilot, DocuMint, or Formstack Documents.

You may also be able to get some satisfaction from using the Formstack Documents App that is built into Airtable, although Formstack is the most expensive solution by far.

Sorry that I don’t have better news for you — I really wish that Airtable would address this major flaw in their platform. Please be sure to email them about this, so they continue to realize what a major problem this is.

p.s. I am a professional Airtable consultant and an Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my partner referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert consultant to help, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.