cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everyone,

I have created an Approval / Status Process for a table. The following options are available:

mirkolando_1-1706701828428.png

Planning is automatically selected when a new element is created. Then a user should be able to select Ready to Review but none of the other options. This starts an approval process. After approval, the status is automatically set to Approved. Now the user should be able to switch back to Realization but none of the other statuses. Completed is automatically selected when the end date has passed.

How can I ensure that the user can only select the desired options?

Thank you and best Regards.

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, I don't think this is possible within Airtable alone unfortunately.  I'm not aware of any functionality that'll limit the selectable options based on the currently selected option at this time

You could try building a system that does error checking for you I guess?  That way if someone selects the wrong option an email or something can be sent to you or the person who made the erroneous update?

That is not possible within Airtable.

You could create an interface that shows a DIFFERENT field with only one option in it, and then use an automation to move the value from one field to another.

Even better, you could create an INTERFACE BUTTON that they click on, and that will update the single-select field to the value you want.

Otherwise, if you want to only allow certain values under certain circumstances, you would need to turn to a more advanced interface tool for Airtable, such as Noloco. Noloco gives you conditional control over tables, fields, and drop-down options.