1453 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thatbbuchanan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When I go to upgrade to the new Teams plan, it says I have 14 billable users (and tries to charge me for such), but 9 of our users are only commenters.

• The Pricing page FAQ says, "No charges will apply for read-only collaborators, commenters, or people submitting forms."
  • When I click "14 Billable Users" (on the upgrade page), it says, "…users with viewer and commenter permissions will get free viewer seats."

And yet:

• It says here, "You can see every billable collaborator… This includes… any base collaborator with owner, creator, editor, or commenter permissions."
  • And here: "On self-serve paid workspace plans, any collaborator with a permission level of Commenter, Editor, Creator, or Owner is classified as billable.

I know Airtable is in middle of a price structure switch; not sure if this conflict of info is due to that.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thatbbuchanan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just confirmed with the sales/pricing teams that commenter-level users will be billable on Team plans. They found that the pricing pages I shared above are incorrect and they are changing the information on it asap.

This is very unfortunate, because I thought our consolation for the newly doubled price of Pro/Teams plan would be that commenters wouldn't be billable. Apparently not.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

This is probably due to the change in pricing structure. Commentators were billable collaborators on Pro plans, but are not billable collaborators on Team.

Antoine_Vaxelai
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the same issue. I have contacted sales that confirmed that I shouldn’t get invoiced for commentators. I have now contacting the billing support but haven’t heard anything since last week..

The information provided on the faq is a mess as it states that commentators are billable but then will also say to refer to the pricing page, which states the opposite.

can someone from AirTable provides some clarity here?

thatbbuchanan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just confirmed with the sales/pricing teams that commenter-level users will be billable on Team plans. They found that the pricing pages I shared above are incorrect and they are changing the information on it asap.

This is very unfortunate, because I thought our consolation for the newly doubled price of Pro/Teams plan would be that commenters wouldn't be billable. Apparently not.

It is November and it still says Commenters are Unlimited in the Team plan, but I am trying to upgrade now and they are definitely trying to charge me $30K.