Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Are Commenters Billable Users?

Topic Labels: Admin Collaboration
Solved
Jump to Solution
3294 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thatbbuchanan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When I go to upgrade to the new Teams plan, it says I have 14 billable users (and tries to charge me for such), but 9 of our users are only commenters.

• The Pricing page FAQ says, "No charges will apply for read-only collaborators, commenters, or people submitting forms."
  • When I click "14 Billable Users" (on the upgrade page), it says, "…users with viewer and commenter permissions will get free viewer seats."

And yet:

• It says here, "You can see every billable collaborator… This includes… any base collaborator with owner, creator, editor, or commenter permissions."
  • And here: "On self-serve paid workspace plans, any collaborator with a permission level of Commenter, Editor, Creator, or Owner is classified as billable.

I know Airtable is in middle of a price structure switch; not sure if this conflict of info is due to that.

11 Replies 11
AAD2024
5 - Automation Enthusiast

No, they are clearly not going to remedy this profitable error on their site. It's been over a year since this post!! Just moved my team over, only to discover this... their hopes are that once we have spent enough time building things out, we'll just grin and bear this inconvenient truth. Almost feels like a legal issue!  

AAD2024

It's been over a year and this is STILL an issue!! Unbelievable, and borderline illegal.