1256 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Douglas_Snook
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a master database of checks paid to our organization, and I want to create two forms for it- one for the person who enters checks sent by mail, and one for the people who accept payments on-site at our venue. Ideally, I’d like to automate assigning a value depending on which form was used to enter a check, so that later we can see who entered which checks.

Is there a simple way I’m overlooking to assign a value based on which form was used to enter data into a table? I can think of some labor-intensive ways to do this (having whoever enters a check enter a value manually) or some work-arounds with duplicate grids connected by Zapier, but is there a cleaner way?

Sorry if this is a dumb question- I’m far from a pro at this.

2 Replies 2

You can prefill forms using the URL

So, I would have a single select field that denotes which form is filled in. In each form, you can limit the specified options to that form’s signifier, and then prefill this using the URL. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like you can hide that field on the form though.

Thanks David- I forgot to mention I had tried that, but with a hidden field. Based on your suggestion I made the field visible, and it works.