904 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This feels quite complicated for what I thought would be a straight forward process.

1. Create a Google Doc from template.
  2. Create a share link to attach to the Airtable record, the “download document”-step doesn’t work for Airtable.
  3. Download a document as PDF to attach to Gmail. Neither step 1’s export/PDF link nor step 2’s share link work for Gmail.
  4. Update the record with the attachment and load existing other attachments.
  5. Iterate through the attachment field records.
  6. Download attachments. Here I’m lost how to set filenames, it’s all file.pdf…
  7. Array aggregate with target structure attachments.
  8. Send email. Here I can’t figure out how to attach multiple, it’s either one attachment only or one email for each…

File naming:

Attachments:

3 Replies 3

If you want a direct connection to Google Docs and Airtable, we have a documents app that does what you need.

On2Air Actions automatically generates documents in Google Docs/Sheets/Slides from your Airtable data and uploads it back to your base.

Here’s an example:

Feel free to start a trial and we can help you get set up

5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi @Ricardo
Are you getting hung up on putting the created google doc into airtable? Are you putting it in an attachments field or a URL field? This seems to be more of an Integromat/Google Doc question than an Airtable question.

Ricardo
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Hannah_Wiginton thanks, I will take a look at it.

@Dave you’re right, the technical difficulty is on the other side. Yet I was curious how Airtable users solve that through table design/setup.

I understand that you suggest storing a link to the file (URL) instead of the file itself on Airtable to solve this?

Putting it all back together, then requires an Integromat solution.