1755 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylvain_Dubois
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Let’s say i have a field named “company name” and a field named “logo”.
I want to create a field that automatically display the corporate logo of the company.

i don’t want to do this manually having to search for the URL of each corporate logo.

example: if i put “airtable” in a new entry, this will automatically display the corporate logo of airtable in the “logo” field

possible hints: http://logo.clearbit.com? zapier?
need something simple & elegant if possible :winking_face:

Thanks.

6 Replies 6
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You could use Airtable’s new SWITCH function.

You would need to create a new field called “Logo URL” and make it a formula field.
The formula would be something like.

SWITCH({company name},“Company A”,“URL Of Company A’s Logo”,“Company B”,"URL Of Company B’s Logo ",“No Match”)

After that create a simple Zap to fetch the URL from the “Logo URL” field and populate the corresponding “Logo” field with the correct company logo image

Nicho_Worth
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Where you able to get this to work?

Valentin_Chreti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This post is a bit dated, but since the automations have been released, it’s now possible to fetch logos automatically (via the Clearbit API for example).

In my specific case, I wanted Airtable to add a company’s logo as soon as I added their website in a URL type field.

So here’s how I did it:

Trigger

• “When a record matches conditions”
  • “When Website is not empty and Logo is empty”

Actions

Run a script
let table = base.getTable('TableName');

let query = await table.selectRecordsAsync();

for (let record of query.records) {
    // if the attachment field is empty
    if(record.getCellValue('Logo') == null && record.getCellValue('Website') != null) {
        let recordId = await table.updateRecordAsync(record, {
            'Logo': [
                { url: 'https://logo.clearbit.com/'+record.getCellValue('Website')}
            ]
        })
    }
}

And that’s it, as soon as you add a URL, Airtable will automatically download the company logo.

Hello !

Thanks a lot for your script. However, it doesn’t seem to filter the files Clearbit can’t found. It looks like it just adds the URL instead.

Would you know a way to fix that, and add the logo only if it is a png/jpg file ?
Anyway, thank you for your work, and for sharing ! It really helps.

It works for me!! Thanks

Hi !
Had the same issue.
When the logo is not recognized, the automation keeps running and running et runs out all the automations :frowning:
why could be the solution ?