1020 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yihwan_Kim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As the name suggests, I would like to copy and consolidate records based on one field into new tables. Perhaps an example would help:

Let’s say I’m a store that sells apples, oranges, and bananas. Every time I sell a fruit, I record it in the Main Table by selecting the fruit in a dropdown menu with other purchase information like customer name, date and time of purchase, etc. The dropdown menu is multi-select since customers can buy more than one kind of fruit at a time.

In addition to all fruit purchase information in the Main Table, I would like to create three new tables: Apples, Oranges, and Bananas that only contain the purchase history of the one respective fruit. The idea is that each table will automatically copy over a record from the Main Table when I select a fruit.

Any ideas on how I might go about doing this? Thanks in advance!

10 Replies 10
Sean_Bradley
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I know this is a way dead thread...
But it seems that if you REALLY only have 3 fruits to sell... (3 tags possible) that it would not be very difficult to get those rows into different tables (not sure why)

Do what Joshua Martin suggested - create 3 new views that are filtered for those specific fruits.

Create 3 automations. One for each fruit. The trigger is "when record enters a view". (each automation is for one fruit view). The action is to add a record with all that same info into that fruit's special table.