955 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coach_Nic
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table that tracks every donation made to our charity, which includes the title of the fundraiser to where the funds were donated. This is triggered by each new donation.

What I need to do is find a way to AUTOSUM the donations by the fundraiser title. The stick in my widget is that this number will be constantly updating as more donations come in.

Currently, I can group by single select and see the AUTOSUM for each fundraiser. As new donations come in, this number automatically updates. Gorgeous. Since I need that number to use in other places, I’ll need that value to inhabit a single record.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 3.57.38 PM

What I’ve tried to do is create a NEW table to do a ROLLUP. My issue with this is that I need to manually add each new donation to get an accurate snapshot of the current SUM. Since this value will be used in client-facing data, it has to be up to the minute.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 3.56.47 PM

So, if a new donation came in for Sam’s page in the first image, the sum of the grouping would increase. But the record in the linked field column would be blank until I manually attached it to my rollup test table.

My feeling is that this can be done with different views, but I just can’t figure it out. I’m willing to scrap this all and go in a fundamentally different direction as well.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Set up an Automation triggered by When {Donation Fundraiser} changes, and include an Update Record action step that copies the value from {Donation Fundraiser} to {Rollup Test}.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Set up an Automation triggered by When {Donation Fundraiser} changes, and include an Update Record action step that copies the value from {Donation Fundraiser} to {Rollup Test}.

SHABLAM!! Thank you so much!! It took a little bit of finessing, but this totally worked!

It’s not often that we see a “SHABLAM” around here. :laughing:

I was going to point out this was my first ever SHABLAM. I’m honored!