1148 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Thompson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am building an automation to send emails (up to four), to addresses pulled in from a "Find record" command searching a rollup rollup field. I am using rollup because bizarrely lookup fields do not show in the automation builder.
The result produces the correct email address list, but with formatting markup code. Any idea what's causing this and how to get just the email address so that the automation can use it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

You mentioned the find stage is working ok and producing the correct results, implying that when you test the "Find records" step you see the email address fine, i.e. `tuba@thompsonet.uk`, and that the error is only occuring in the actual send email step

If so, that means the email address data exists fine within your base but isn't being used in your automation.  If you're certain you're using the right field in your Send Email step, then I would suggest you open a support ticket as that seems like a bug

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Weird, any chance you could share screenshots of your table and the relevant fields, and perhaps your automation setup as well?

It will take some time to anonymise the data to share shots of fields, but this image is OK because the email enclosed is my own. The find stage is working OK, producing the correct results. But the red shows how the addresses are pulled in. 

You mentioned the find stage is working ok and producing the correct results, implying that when you test the "Find records" step you see the email address fine, i.e. `tuba@thompsonet.uk`, and that the error is only occuring in the actual send email step

If so, that means the email address data exists fine within your base but isn't being used in your automation.  If you're certain you're using the right field in your Send Email step, then I would suggest you open a support ticket as that seems like a bug

Thanks very much for that. Yes already done before I posted, just repeated here in case I get a quicker response. The good thing about doing it through a support ticket is that they should be able to access the actual base and automation without GDPR fears of sharing segments of it on a public platform. I really appreciate your help.