Help

Re: Best Method for Wordpress Post Integration?

1412 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteelsmithHaus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have already tried Zapier, but am stuck as I have Advanced Custom Fields in my Custom Post Types. I have successfully imported fields to Google Sheets, but am stuck with the same issue.

I’m looking at Airpress and the Remote Database API today. Has anyone been successful with this?

10 Replies 10

Hi Andrew,

I’m the author of Airpress and I’ve just updated Airpress and created a video tutorial at http://wordpress.org/plugins/airpress that should help get you up and running much quicker.

Hugh_Campbell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’ve custom coded a plugin that syncs Airtable content. It maps Airtable records to Wordpress entities.

• it supports posts, pages and custom post types
  • it supports creation of hierarchical taxonomies via Airtable link fields to records in the same table,
  • it supports custom post taxonomies, either through text terms or links between tables
  • it supports creation of custom meta values
  • it marks newly created terms and posts with a private meta value indicating the AT record they are based on, to support future updates and deletions (not implemented yet).

I wrote it to allow the content creation people in our team to assemble a large body of content outside Wordpress, while the site is being built.

It’s rough, and lacks a UI for creating the configuration / mapping, but it works. It could be a useful start for a developer who wants the same functionality, but it’s not end-user friendly at this point. I’m happy to share what I’ve written if you’re interested. Message me or use the contact form on our website.

Could be interesting to share some code on Github or anything :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Hugh,

I’ve been looking for something exactly as you’re describing. I have been using WP All Import to add Google Sheets, but being able to organize everything in Airtable and then post fields there directly in to ACF, Posts, or taxonomies would be amazing. The other plugins I’ve seen like Airpress and Airfields use shortcodes that would require an external call to bring in the data for, which I think could really slow down your site.

Have you posted this anywhere or are you looking to develop further?

Thanks!

Dave

Hello guys,
Two years later what option did you ues to sync Airtable post and Wordpress ?

Hi Hugh thanks for sharing! Like David, I’ve got the same problem and would love to see what you’ve been working on. I just messaged through the contact form on your website as well.

Did you ever hear back about this, David?

SteelsmithHaus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am using webhooks and zapier. On the Wordpress side I’m using a combination of WP Webhooks Pro, and an amazing little plugin called ACF-to-rest-api. This is specifically challenging because of Advanced Custom Fields, but with those two plugins and a lot of head-banging it works.

This sounds like the resolution of so many of us head-banging. Can you share more about your setup?

I switched a site to webflow using their powerimporter tool because of the blocks to making a wordpress site driven by airtable content.

Any insight would be appreciated

I just realized I asked and answered my own post.

Anyway, for inbound to WP we are using an airtable automation script to send a webhook to Zapier, usually based on a “something changed” trigger. This creates or updates the Wordpress posts via WP Webhooks Pro. We don’t need to use Zapier, but it makes it a lot more flexible with the airtable automation logic limits. It’s not doing API lookups to display records like Airpress does, it creates and updates posts along with the ACF field values. For ACF repeater fields and gallery images, we have a snippet from WP Webhooks to handle them, which a pain, but it works.

For outbound, we do the same thing in reverse.

Best thing is that I don’t need to create scripts on the Wordpress side to send the fields to Zapier like I used to. Also, WP Webhooks Pro has been rapidly improving their ACF compatibility so I don’t need the acf-rest-api plugin anymore (which had terrible support compared to WP Webhooks Pro anyway).