Help

Re: BOX + Zapier import attachment files (.png)

816 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Kiwi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hoping for some expert guidance on this approach building a reference Table to our BOX folders.

• AirTable created based on a BOX file report.
  • Zapier BOX Find by filename is working.
  • Import of text fields works as expected.
  • looking for assistance on how to capture a “thumbnail” image (.png 94x94) in an attachment field.

Is there a way through Zapier to pull and populate an attachment? I may be jumping too far ahead, but would this require an automation/scripting block using GET?

Thank you!

p.s.
we have other AirTable direct BOX syncs that are great since thumbnails are imported, but this table contains files distributed throughout hundreds of BOX sub-folders.

boxthumbhow1
boxATzap

3 Replies 3

Hi @Steve_Kiwi

What is the response you are getting from Zapier in the Find a File in Box? It doesn’t include the Thumbnail?

Hi @Mohamed_Swellam
Zapier Find returns BOX Identification/Descriptor text fields (ID#, Paths, Owners, Modify Dates), but no image files (.png, .jpg) get captured.

I don’t expect Find to capture the image, but was hoping that it would return a link to a thumbnail. At this time, my solution path appears to be to use the File ID to extract the thumbnail directly out of BOX, but I wanted to check w/ the community in case anyone had solved this within AirTable and or Zapier.

thanks for asking!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The best bet for this is to use Make's Box integrations for Airtable. They offer 28 native functions for Box (way more than what Zapier offers), and they offer full file download capabilities. See partial screenshot below.

In general, Make is always the better option than Zapier. It is 10x cheaper than Zapier, yet it is infinitely more powerful & customizable, I’ve written an entire post here about Make vs. Zapier: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-vs-zapier/737

People are sometimes intimidated by Make at first, which is why I created this thread of Make training resources: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277 

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 9.53.17 AM.png