758 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think this is a long shot, but I hope the community can come through.

I operate a service business that requires me to travel to client’s homes. I currently have a client table that includes names, addresses, etc. that table has the Google Maps App installed as well and locations are shown on the map.

In the same base I have a table of upcoming jobs which pulls in client names and addresses from the client table and a manually entered “sequence” field that numbers the sequence of jobs for the day. That table also has a checkbox field for when a job is completed.

I’d love to find a way to create a public view that will show customer first names, maybe a house number (redacting other address info for security), and use the map app to calculate an ETA to the next job based upon when the previous job is marked complete and the distance to the next destination.

I’m aware if isn’t a simple ask, but I’m not even sure it’s possible with airtable’s capabilities. Thanks in advance for helping me think through this!

1 Reply 1

This isn’t possible with the native features of the Map app. To do this you would need to use a custom script that queries a mapping API (Google or someone else) to calculate the travel time between locations. Definitely doable, but definitely not a small project.