Help

Re: Can I get a notification anytime a collaborator adds a record?

11483 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniele_Moscati
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Can I get a notification anytime a collaborator adds a record?

Thanks in advance for posting your question! When someone provides an answer, remember to mark their reply as the :white_check_mark: solution.

17 Replies 17

Hey yes you can! You can do this natively with a Slack integration, or you can do this using automation tools like Zapier and Integromat. It will all depend on where you are hoping to be notified

So I understand that airtable itself deosn’t notify me :frowning:

It does, but only for:

someone shares a base with you, adds you to a workspace, @mentions you in a record, or assigns you to a record using a collaborator field. These alerts are delivered through email, mobile push notifications, and the bell-shaped notification icon in the app.

Thank you man…do you have a model for Integromat integration?

Thanks

Here’s a random example from integromat - You can swap MSFT Teams out for whatever you like:

on integromat is there anyway to make it working on ALL the tables?

It’s usually linked to a specific table- Because tables should always be contextual, I don’t think there’s a lot of use cases for notifications on the this scale

The problem is that the schema is different for every table, so Integromat wouldn’t be able to give you any info without having this pre-defined.

What is your specific use case here?

@Saastronomical
I’ve been testing notifications and don’t always get email notifications. So far, notifications are being sent for the following:
a) adding person to base
b) adding person to workspace
c) @mention in a record

Assignment to a record using collaborator field doesn’t send an email to the collaborator in my case. Is that working for you?

KBD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I stand corrected.
6 minutes later - I’m getting notifications to one of my 2 collaborator test accounts. Not to the gmail account, but to a company domain account.

At least I now know it works.

I have a use case similar to @Daniele_Moscati perhaps.

I lead a team that works across multiple bases. I’d like receive notifications when any change occurs in any base. Better yet - if something changes in the Workspace, I’d like to receive email. This just allows me to stay in email and be aware of what’s going on and jump into AT if my input is needed.

Will Itegromat/Zapier do this?

Yeah - It will.

You would need to set up an automation at a table level for each base/table - But it’s definitely possible

I didn’t test it but think maybe you f you can do the following

At-> slack -> integromat -> email

With slack you can fw notification of any change all around the at worktable

I got it to work via AT -> Integromat -> Gmail. Integromat is definitely working well for me and is very easy to do complex things.

Thanks!

Yes you can but you will have to set a notification for each table while if you go through slack you need to set up one notification and you get updates from all the worksheet

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

The problem with Slack I’m experiencing - emails don’t get sent if you’re using Slack. Which makes sense. I’d actually like a way to send emails regardless if I’m in Slack or not. Oh well.

And Slack also does not sent out emails, as far as I can tell, from a shared channel.

I'm trying to figure out how to set up notifications for when a user is added to the base (as a base collaborator). Is this possible?