2328 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niclas_Stoermer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two tables, one showing teachers/trainers assigned to specific classes. For Example Colume 1 “Classes” (English, Math, etc). Too each class are assigned different teachers (in Colume 2)

In a second table I want to plan concrete dates for classes. So I have three colums “Date”, “Class” and a third “Teacher”. Colums “Class” and “Teacher” are linked to my first table. For the colum “teacher” I want to limit the view depending on the choosen value for class (only display the teachers that can teach that class). The view function seems not to help, since the filter/view always depends on the choosen value for class and needs therefore to be dynamic.

Basically in a data base i would use a Dimension Table but I could not figure it out in airtabel.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, Niclas! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Check out this thread, which outlines a method for setting up the kind of system you want:

Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Morning Niclas,

What you are referring to is dynamic variable conditions for linked record fields.

Airtable rolled out “Dynamic Variables” to their automation “Find Records”. It enables you to set a condition as dynamic.

IF this were to be rolled out to the the linked record field type, you could accomplish this.
This functionality would look through values in the destination table and filter the linked record options for only those records which match the conditions.

Dynamic

please be sure to email this to support@airtable.com to push them on this linked record feature