Help

Re: Can you see which views are utilizing a specific field for filters or groups?

Solved
Jump to Solution
887 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayme_Richardso
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi! So I know there is an app to show how each field is connected. Where it will show if a field in one table is linked to a field in another table via a lookup or formula, ect.

My database has a LOT of fields and tables, so I’m trying to consolidate some of the info and am digging into how everything is connected before deleting anything.

My question is - is there anyway to see how the fields are currently being utilized in views for filters and groups, before deleting a field? I hope that makes sense!

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As far as I know, the only way to see how a field is used in views (which views it is visible in, which views it is used for sorting/grouping) is by looking at each view individually in the user interface. Note that you would also have to look in al personal views which may be hidden.

None of this information is currently available in scripting. Custom apps do have the ability to tell which fields are visible in a view, but I am not aware of an app that currently uses the is information. (It is on my to-do list.)

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As far as I know, the only way to see how a field is used in views (which views it is visible in, which views it is used for sorting/grouping) is by looking at each view individually in the user interface. Note that you would also have to look in al personal views which may be hidden.

None of this information is currently available in scripting. Custom apps do have the ability to tell which fields are visible in a view, but I am not aware of an app that currently uses the is information. (It is on my to-do list.)

Thank you for the information! Yes, an app that showed this would be amazing in the future, but for now I’ll just check them individually if I have to.

Could you direct me to the app that shows the visible fields in views?

Thank you!

As I said before, I am not aware of any app that does this. It is technically possible and on my list to create an app that does so, but has not happened yet.

Gotcha. Apologies, I misunderstood that first msg. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your help!