1131 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lauren_Briskin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It appears that I’ve merged some records accidentally and lost data.

Is there a way to undo this?

I’m looking at the record history and don’t see the old information, unfortunately. In this screenshot, this record should have more than one hour of history.
Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 9.36.21 AM

(Edited to remove identifying information)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,

Did you try ‘restore from snapshot’ function? You can restore base copy at some point in time before merge and get data from it.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,

Did you try ‘restore from snapshot’ function? You can restore base copy at some point in time before merge and get data from it.

Trying that now with a recent snapshot, but it’s going to undo a lot of stuff, too. Was hoping to just find the info in the merged records.

If my restore works, do you have a suggestion for what to do next?

If the good records are in the restore, what’s the best next step to get them into my existing base? I don’t want to overwrite the whole thing (which I’m not sure is ideal (Restoring a snapshot overwriting the current base? - #7 by ScottWorld)) but I also don’t want to start using the new one, since we have a BUNCH of collaborators and share links on the current one.

Thanks!

I don’t think you have a reason to restore with overwrite. I would just copy-paste good records from restore to ‘active table’ and then use some filter to remove redundant.
Possible options before copy-paste:

• create temporary text field in ‘source’ and ‘destination’ table, to prevent mixing records after copy-paste and filter
  • create temporary duplicate of active table in active base, so you can revert if something goes wrong
    You may also use ‘modified time’ or ‘creation time’ fields to filter.