cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Black
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all!

I’m wondering if it’s possible to set up a case sensitive Contains Filter on a single line text field in a Grid View. So if the Contains filter value was ‘Abc’, a row with the field containing ‘Abc123’ would be shown but not rows containing ‘ABC456’ or abc789’?

Thanks!
Steve

4 Replies 4

Hi Steve, I usually solve this with a formula field and filter on that, not sure if there’s a more elegant way to handle it tho

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 3.48.55 PM

Formula used here was

IF(
  FIND("Abc", Name),
  "Yes",
  "No"
)

Thanks for the reply Adam. That should get the job done (with a filter on that formula). I’d be changing the filter text often in the actual application, but I suppose it wouldn’t be much more effort in practice to edit the text in the formula column vs the filter contains field value.

Have you ever seen a feature request like a checkbox to go along side a ‘contains’ filter value field for case sensitivity? That would be ideal, but I feel like if that haven’t added something like that by now, it probably hasn’t been requested much.

Hmm, you could make a text field that said formula field references too, thereby reducing your clicks by 3 heh

Nope, but I don’t really pay much attention to the feature request side of things either I’m afraid

Could you elaborate on this? I’m not sure what you mean.