606 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ayo_Ayokanmbi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi. I am currently trying to use Airtable for collaborators to be able to review applications and then use the form to leave input. I have all the information in a couple of tables and galleries, but I think I have hit an issue. I would like each collaborator/reviewer to only see information pertaining to the applicants they were assigned and not all applicants but do not know how to do that. Do I need to create more views or am I missing something? I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Ayo_Ayokanmbi!

Collaborators are always allowed to view all tables, all records, and all fields in your entire system. Additionally, collaborators are always allowed to export all of your records, duplicate your entire base into their own private workspace, and copy & paste records from your base into other private bases.

Once you make someone a collaborator — even if you designate them as a “read-only” collaborator, they have full access to your entire base, and they have 100% access to all of the data within your base as described above. They can also copy all of the data from your entire base at any time for their own personal & private purposes.

Airtable has absolutely no security nor restrictions in these regards. Airtable is essentially a “zero-security platform” when it comes to collaborators being able to get their hands on your data.

If you just want your collaborators to view their own data (without being able to edit it), then what you could do is this:

• First, you would need to delete all of those people as collaborators from your base.
  • Then, you can create different views in your base. Each view would be filtered in different ways (i.e. one view could be filtered for one person, another view could be filtered for another person, etc.).
  • Then, you could share each view with a specific person by sharing that view’s “read-only” link with that person.

However:

a) If you need to limit what records they can see AND you want them to be able to edit their records
OR
b) If you don’t want to keep creating a ton of different read-only views (one for each person)

Then you would need to pay for Stacker, which adds in all of the missing security that Airtable lacks, along with adding in the exact thing that you’re looking for:

Allowing people to log into your system and only view/edit the records to which they have been assigned..

Stacker adds tons of other amazing features as well. For example, you can also prevent your people from editing the fields that you don’t want them to edit.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I thought about creating different views for different people, but I didn’t want to create so many views for each person. I will try to filter each view though. That might work. Lol it would be nice if my employer paid for Stacker for me. Thank you for the advice.