272 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jordancontango
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm debating on changing a single-select field to a multi-select field, but I'm uncertain on the effect it will have on all of the dependencies.

I have a Progress flow that follows cold leads (potential investment deals) into committed investments, where we then put the deal into either a 'Syndicate Investment" view or a "Fund Investment" view, but some deals have both investments. 

SO, in the view prior to putting them into one of these investments, i'd like to change the single select to a multi-select that will allow me to put 2 tags on select investments where both the syndicate and fund will invest, thus moving the deal into both views. 

Is this going to screw up my full flow process? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you’re asking whether you’ll be able to still see the single record in both views with a multi-select field, then yes - you can change from a single-select to a multi-select and that record will appear in both views. 

As for whether this will mess up your full flow process? Based on the little information you provided above, it’s hard to know. If you’re going to need to roll up amounts or percentages of each lead that wind up in each type of investment, then a multi-select might not be the best choice. If, on the other hand, what interests you is how many of your leads wind up going the route of both investments as opposed to only one, then a multi-select could work.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

I'd recommend duplicating the base and trying it out.  Even if we had access to your base, we wouldn't have a good understanding of the business logic and so giving a conclusive answer to this question is pretty difficult

pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you’re asking whether you’ll be able to still see the single record in both views with a multi-select field, then yes - you can change from a single-select to a multi-select and that record will appear in both views. 

As for whether this will mess up your full flow process? Based on the little information you provided above, it’s hard to know. If you’re going to need to roll up amounts or percentages of each lead that wind up in each type of investment, then a multi-select might not be the best choice. If, on the other hand, what interests you is how many of your leads wind up going the route of both investments as opposed to only one, then a multi-select could work.

jordancontango
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for the help!  For our purposes, we only need the deal to fall into the right view and or both views, without having to duplicate the entry to have it in both.  So the right team can follow up with their respective Point of contacts. 

The other question is, after switching it from single-select to multi-select, how can I program the deals to go to the respective Investment / Syndicate view based on what is commanded in the Multi-select column. Or will this happen automatically.

Sorry for the vagueness, i'm quite new with airtable, but your previous response was spot on! Thank you again, 

You don't need to program anything. You need to make sure that you change your view fiters to "has any of" and put both Syndicate Investment and Fund Investment in the filter.