5548 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audrey_Harriso1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has anyone had success asking Chat GPT for Airtable formulas? I've only asked it a few Airtable related questions so far, but I have to correct them all. Curious if anyone knows if there's a specific way to ask that will get formulas in the correct Airtable format.

8 Replies 8

Does ChatGPT learn through your conversations when you’ve had to correct it?

I have tested it with some JavaScript logic queries, and it’s impressive to say the least.

Audrey_Harriso1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It flops back and forth, correcting some things and reverting other things that we just discussed >2 messages ago. Haven't had much success.

> Curious if anyone knows if there's a specific way to ask that will get formulas in the correct Airtable format.

No. Airtable formulas are generally not exposed as code (like Excel and Sheets); therefore, there's no learning corpus for this closed formula system.

> Does ChatGPT learn through your conversations when you’ve had to correct it?

Feedback loops do exist in GP3 and Chat, however, it takes a lot of data to change how it behaves. If you want an improved version of ChatGPT specific to your world, you have to train an enhanced version of the model.

> Haven't had much success.

Try some prompt engineering to elevate its intelligence. But be cautious about this approach - here's why.

Dieu_Toan_Truon
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi guys,

I found this website. It uses GPT to write formula for you. Hope it's useful for you!
https://excelformulator.com/

I don't typically write Airtable formulas because of this, but I'm sure a lot of people will like this.

UPDATE: Dream On...

A clean implementation of AI-based formula assistance is not likely to happen for a few years, if ever. Airtable is a closed formulaic system like Coda. There is no “code” [per se] for it to learn from because you are writing psuedo code to begin with - formulas are a proprietary abstraction layer. So either Airtable must train a fine-tuned LLM and open-source it, or a group of developers could take this challenge. It’s a lot of work, and it requires internal access or independent development of a formula parser. Read more here.

sami
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

sami"> <h1>loda</h1>

Yet another demonstration why Khoros is such an ignorant platform for web communications.

Bill_French_0-1698244235056.png

It's obvious @sami attempted a paste from something else, and the HTML carried in the copy caused the paste to be interpreted as text when it was actually HTML.

So many platforms handle these edge cases well. Khoros, not so well.