1579 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric_Kaplin
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When I click in the field to link a record, a panel pops up showing all the records from the other table that I can search through. It also previews some relevant fields for each record on the little card. How does AirTable choose which fields are shown here?

As you can see in my attached image, there are 4 fields being previewed. I would like to show a different field called “Category”, instead of the “Framecount” field.

chrome_2019-01-04_17-29-03.png

4 Replies 4
bdelanghe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

It’s whatever the order from left to right of your topmost view. It will also show your hidden fields.

If you want to change it without editing your current view. Create a new view and drag it to the top:

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 7.27.30 PM.png

Then in your case move the field ‘Framecount’ after ‘Scene’ and move ‘Category’ into that spot.

Eric_Kaplin

Great, that worked, thanks!

I found this old thread as I was searching for a solution to the same problem. However in my case, the solution didn’t work :confused:

When I reorder the fields in the linked table, I still get the same order in the record preview “popups”. If I double click on them, the order of the fields shows correctly in the expanded view, but in the preview popup they don’t. I have no idea why.

I’m using the desktop app (Mac) and I thought maybe I need to refresh the “cache” or something. I restarted the Airtable application, but to no avail.

Any idea?

atheq
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hej,

same here - it does not pull the order from the first view. Any new solutions?

Best